Clark 2017-18 Important Dates and News
Dear Clark Street Community School Families: I hope you are having a great summer and are enjoying spending time with your children. Please read below for some important dates and announcements related to the start of the 2017-18 school year.
- Our first day of school for students in grades 1-6 is Monday, August 28th. The first day for Pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students is on Tuesday, September 5th.
- Our school hours are 8:15AM to 2:30PM. Breakfast and lunch will be provided at the school for all students at no charge.
- We have a new Assistant Principal: I would like to formally introduce our new Assistant Principal, Mr. Abdi Lidonde. Mr. Lidonde comes to us from Worcester East Middle where he has worked as a reading specialist, and has supported as a leader across the district as well. You may have already met him as he served as the Summer School Site Administrator here at Clark St. Community School. Mr. Lidonde is excited to be part of our team and our improvement work going forward.
- School Uniforms: Beginning this year and going forward, Clark Street Community School will have a set uniform: khaki bottoms (pants, shorts or long skirt) and navy blue tops (polo or plain T-shirt). This is a continuation of the work started last year, and was informed by feedback from families and staff. Navy blue is close to our school colors (blue and yellow), yet widely available in retail stores and does not get dirty as easy. We are hoping the new uniforms will instill a sense of pride and belonging to our students and school community as a whole, but also make it easier for families to dress their children each day.
- Backpack Giveaway: We will hold a backpack giveaway for any students in grades 3-6 on Tuesday, 8/22 from 2:00-4:00PM. This will also be an opportunity for you to meet our new Assistant Principal and myself before the start of the school year.
I am excited to welcome back our students in two weeks, and I am looking forward to collaborating closely with staff, families and community members to create a teaching and learning environments that supports academic and socio-emotional growth. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions or if there is anything I can do to support you in preparing your children for a successful school year ahead.